Hi friends! Today, I am sharing my new Lime and Mint Tequila Spritzer Recipe, just in time for the warm evenings ahead! If you like margaritas or mojitos, then this is the cocktail for you!
Margaritas are made with all types of tequilas but Mojitos are typically made with Rum. In my opinion, rum has a rich, smokey flavor. Creating a mojito-like cocktail with tequila seemed to be the best way to combine these popular drinks into a refreshing spritzer.
We are typically wine and vodka drinkers, but several neighbors and friends have been schooling us on good tequilas. Oh, happy day! I have really grown to enjoy it, even just on ice.
In the warmer months, I love making spritzers. I thought…”How yummy would it be if I made a spritzer that was a combination of a margarita and a mojito?!” Hence, this development of this new recipe.
Plus, I am in the midst of planning a Tequila Tasting Party and wanted to come up with a tequila cocktail we could enjoy with our dinner and before the tasting.
This post is sponsored by Denby Pottery USA, but all of my comments and opinions are my own. You can read my DISCLOSURES HERE.
Plus, be sure to watch for an awesome photo bomb at the end of this post!
How to make this Lime and Mint Tequila Spritzer
The key ingredients are fresh lime, mint, simple syrup, the “spritzer” part, and, of course, tequila (a good one!). I did my homework on what Tequila I chose to use.
Ingredients for a Lime and Mint Tequila Spritzer:
- Tequila – I would recommend a Reposado or a Blanco (Silver) type of tequila but you can really use any one of your favorite tequilas.
- Fresh Lime Juice – PLEASE try to only use the real deal! It really makes a difference in terms of the fresh flavor of lime that has been freshly squeezed.
- Fresh Mint – I have yards and yards of fresh mint in our yard so I love creating recipes with it! A good handful is all you will need unless you are serving a crowd.
- Simple Syrup – This just adds a touch of sweetness. You can make your own by boiling 1 part water with 1 part sugar or honey (and let it cool). OR, you can use pre-made simple syrup (this is the super-easy way!).
- The “Spritz” – You can use sparkling water, club soda, Perrier, or other flavored sodas (if you want to add some more sweetness). I used Spindrift in the lime flavor because they only use fresh lime in their sparkling water.
- ICE – Who wants a warm cocktail? Right?!
Measurements and quantities are listed below in the recipe card (scroll down).
With regard to the tequila used, I chose a Don Roberto Reposado which is aged to perfection for a minimum of 10 months in white oak barrels. You can taste hints of coconut, wood, rosemary, vanilla, and chocolate which add depth and complexity to this smooth tequila.
There are 5 types of tequila: Silver (or blanco/white); Joven (or gold/oro/dorado); Reposado (or rested); Añejo (or aged); and, Extra Añejo (ultra aged). I found a great chart from Let’s Eat Cake that breaks them all down beautifully (and funny, too!) for you.
With regard to the glassware for the cocktail, I always like to use special glasses for these types of drinks. The glassware you use is completely part of the whole experience. For this cocktail, I am using my new Modus Tumblers. I have had the Modus Wine Glasses, so I am super excited to add these to my collection. You can see how I used them in a recent post of a Spring Tablescape with Bold Colors HERE.
The unique handmade quality of the glassware is so notable! The marbling effect around the bottom of the glass is so artistic and worthy of a tasty, refreshing cocktail! Plus, they have small coordinating serving bowls that work great to serve nuts and other small appetizers to serve with your drinks. They are linked below here…
Lime and Mint Tequila Spritzer
A refreshing summer cockail that combines the flavors of a margarita and a mojito but it made with Tequila! Perfect for any warm weather gathering!
- 2 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (fresh is a must!) Approximately 2 medium limes
- 4 oz Resposado Tequila or Blanco/Silver Tequila, if you prefer
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint (chopped) 10-12 leaves
- 2 Tbsp Simple Syrup I use Rose's Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Ice for Shaker
- 1 splash Sparkling water or club soda
- 1 lime Slice for garnish
- 2 sprigs Fresh Mint for garnish
Add fresh lime juice, fresh mint, tequila, simple syrup, and ice into a martini shaker. Shake vigorously.
Pour 1/2 of the mixture in each cocktail glass over ice.
Top off with a splash of sparkling water or club soda.
Garnish with fresh lime and mint. Serve immediately.
If you would like to see more of my original cocktail recipes, click on the links below:
- Raspberry Vodka Spritzer with Mint
- Cucumber and Mint Infused Vodka Cocktail
- Creamy Chocolate and Strawberry Martini
- Creamy Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini
- Blood Orange and Vodka Cocktail
- Sparkling Rose Aperol Spritz
- Vodka Charleston Fizz
And, now, for the photo bomber…I couldn’t resist sharing this!
Hopefully, you have plans to be outdoors soon and can enjoy this Lime and Mint Tequila Spritzer. We definitely have some neighbors and friends to have over to share this with! I hope all of you Mothers out there had a lovely weekend!