Hi friends! Having been super sick for the last two weeks, I have been looking for things to be excited about. Bingo…Valentine’s Day! Today, I am sharing lots of ways to WOW your Valentine this year, especially if you are staying in as we do.
Having spent so much time sleeping and time alone with my husband in our house (we have only left to buy food) it has been like Valentine’s Day over and over again! Ha! It has been a very slow recovery so we are a bit anxious to get out of the house and feel “normal” again.
In the meantime, I am sitting here eager to share several ways to make your Valentine’s Day super special for both of you.
Lots of Ways to WOW your Valentine
- Set a romantic Table for Two.
- Add romanic touches around in your home decor.
- Create a Valentine’s Day-themed cocktail.
- Put together a Valentine’s Day-themed Charcuterie board.
- Share the day or evening with special friends.
- Celebrate with flowers and candles.
- Take a quick trip!
- Host a Wine Tasting Dinner Party.
- Create a special menu for your dinner.
- Write a special letter to your Valentine.
Now, let’s break this all down…
- Set a Romantic Table for Two. Last year, we were still in the midst of the pandemic so we decided to stay in. I surprised my husband with a Romantic Red and Gold Valentine’s Day table for Two in our living room in front of our fireplace. It was, BY FAR, our favorite Valentine’s Day dinner! Clearly, I had fun with the red roses!
You can see all of the details of this Romantic Red and Gold Valentine’s Day Table for Two HERE.
2. Add romantic touches around in your home decor. At this time of year, I love featuring my coffee table books that are red and pink. They provide a great foundation for any flowers you might want to feature for the romantic day.
3. Create a Valentine’s Day-themed cocktail. Last year, I created this Creamy Chocolate and Strawberry Martini and it was a big hit!
Here are a few others that I think would be great to make!
This Raspberry Moscato Cocktail by Tonya Staab looks so refreshing and festive for Valentine’s Day!
And, who wouldn’t want to indulge with a Rose Slushy for Valentine’s Day?!
Raspberry and Strawberries have become synonymous with Valentine’s Day. That was the inspiration for this Raspberry Vodka Spritzer that I created a few years ago. My sister-in-law made these at our last gathering and everyone loved it!
4. Put together a Valentine’s Day-themed Charcuterie board to enjoy all day. Kelley Nan is the charcuterie QUEEN and her Valentine’s boards are truly inspirational!
This Chocolate Covered Dessert Charcuterie Board is over the top and brilliant for the chocolate lovers in your life!
This Galentine’s Day Dessert Charcuterie Board with perfect for the sweets lover in your life!
5. Share the day or evening with special friends. I have made it a habit to celebrate this with friends. This was a “Gal”etine’s Day dinner I hosted for some of my gal pals (the hubby had to be out of town that day) to celebrate this day of love.
You can see all of the details of this Blush Pink and White Valentine’s Day Tablescape HERE.
6. Celebrate with flowers and candles. There is nothing more romantic than flowers and candles. PERIOD!
Kelley Nan nailed this romantic table with the dramatic candles! Could anything be more romantic?!
I m also obsessed with this rose flower tree my friend, Lory, created for a family Valentine’s Day Dinner!
7. Take a quick trip! Go on an adventure together. So many of our trips have been canceled over the last two years. We were desperate to go SOMEWHERE…ANYWHERE! We scooted over to Grand Junction. I created a post to “take you away” to this beautiful place to experience the beauty we saw on our quick trip. We did not expect how good it did for us to embark on the little get-away.
8. Host a Wine Tasting Dinner Party. We host this kind of party and, one year, we hosted it for Valentine’s Day. It is such a great way to bring friends and family together with a festive activity. Treating your Valentine to a nice bottle of wine for the occasion just makes sense to me. You?!
9. Create a special menu for your dinner. This provides such a special touch for a lovely evening. It also shows a little bit of extra effort to impress your Valentine!
10. Write a special letter to your Valentine. My husband is not into Valentine’s Day as I am (probably pretty typical for guys!). He considers it a “marketing holiday” which I would agree with a bit. Two years ago, I wrote him a list of the top 100 things I loved about him. I actually wrapped it up in a box to give to him at dinner.
Funny story about that…we had agreed we were not going to do presents for each other because we were in the middle of a big remodeling project in our home. He was so irritated when I gave him the wrapped present. REALLY IRRITATED! Once I convinced him that it might not be what he thought, he opened it and really enjoyed it. Besides, our Romantic Table for Two in front of our fireplace, it became the most meaningful gift I have given him.
Take the time…do the work…you won’t regret it!
I hope have seen that there are Lots of Ways to WOW your Valentine this year. Sometimes, just a little extra effort can go a long way!
Wishing you all a beautiful time with your Valentine!
Pin it for Later…